To provide suitable, accessible and culturally appropriate hospice/palliative care services.
To care for those with serious illnesses, and their families, helping them live as fully and comfortably as possible.
Quality of Care
- To improve quality of life for patients suffering from cancer and/or HIV/AIDS through holistic palliative care services at the Hospice Ethiopia Care Center and at home;
- To support the families of patients through grief counseling and financial aid;
- To provide psychosocial and spiritual care for our patients;
- To train health professionals in government and private health care facilities in palliative care;
Awareness and Advocacy
- To raise awareness about the need for palliative care in Ethiopia;
- To create an enabling environment for implementing palliative care in Addis Ababa;
- To strengthen referral linkages for palliative/hospice care in Addis Ababa;
- To strengthen partnerships with palliative/hospice care organizations worldwide;
- To ensure sustainability and expansion of community based palliative care;